We live in a visually stimulating digital age. Businesses are using Instagram to market their products, people are finding their partners by swiping on faces, and you can now take a walk in the woods without ever having to leave your house. So why not capitalize on some of this innovation and technology to help sell houses? Here are 5 reasons why 3D virtual tours and floor plans can help you sell a house much faster.
How 3D Virtual Tours can Help Real Estate Agent Sell A House Much Faster
1. You can reach more buyers. 3D virtual tours and floor plans allow you to reach distance buyers. If you have a client who is relocating or an investor from another region, having a 3D virtual tour gives these buyers the opportunity to preview the property before investing the time and money to travel to view the property. This will save both you and the buyer time, and potential frustration and disappointment if the property doesn’t turn out to be what they were expecting.
2. It gives buyers the opportunity to visualize and plan life in their new home. A buyer may want to imagine how their furniture will fit, what it will be like to wake up and have a cup of coffee on a Sunday morning, or even where the Christmas tree will go. A 3D virtual tour and floorplan give buyers the opportunity to settle into the idea of a new home and explore the space practically, in their own time.
3. It eliminates distractions. Open houses are great for market exposure, but it can become crowded which could prevent a buyer from truly imagining what the property would be like if they made it “theirs.” Offering a 3D virtual tour gives a potential buyer the opportunity to explore the space and to revisit the features they found most appealing, without distraction, all from the comfort of their own home.
4. Peer reviews are your friend. Some people just really need the opinions of their friends and family before making a purchase. With a 3D virtual tour, potential buyers can share the property with anyone and everyone they want, getting the support they need before diving into such a big decision. For a first-time or nervous buyer, this might be just what they need to confidently make an offer.
5. It will save you time. Some clients need to revisit a property multiple times before they can make a decision. With a 3D virtual tour, this buyer may still want to revisit, but perhaps only once or twice to make a final decision, having already revisited multiple times through the virtual tour. This will save you hours of time both showing and traveling to and from the property.
How Floor Plans can Help a Listing Agent Sell the Property Quicker
- Remembering the layout of the property. Thanks to floor plans, buyers can understand the property flow, the location of the rooms, amenities, and other important property elements. Creating valuable assets such as floor plans to market the property is possible with 2D floor plan apps.
- Differentiates a specific house from other property listings. Normally, before visiting the place, agents show the property photos to their clients. However, photos do not necessarily highlight the exact settlements of the houses. Even though the quality of the photos is high, it still cannot represent the layout of the building. Not understanding the distribution of the rooms in an apartment, being not able to see the exact room layout is always leaving question marks in the clients’ mind.
- Rich visuality of property details. Room layout apps are great options for real estate photographers that are determined to give a rich visuality full of property details to their customers. By sketching the apartment’s floor plans manually the creator may commit some errors, thus the new technology may help to reduce the human error in high ratios.
- Allows clients to imagine & plan how the spaces will be used based on the distribution of the rooms. In this way, real estate agents can be an important “partner” who helps the future homeowner to choose the house that fits all needs. Customer satisfaction will lead to more referrals in future.
- Using 2D floor plan apps before real visits are also decreasing the risk of withdrawals after visiting the house. It helps real estate agents to arrange meetings with only prospective clients.
Some interesting stats in favor of floor plans
- 1 in 10 buyers said that they would never arrange to view a property if they had not seen a floor plan first, with many more indicating that they would be less likely to view (source: Rightmove.com).
- When asked about what they consider when hiring a real estate agent an astounding 42% revealed they would not hire a professional that didn’t offer a floor plan (source: Rightmove.com).
- 1 in 5 possible buyers would ignore a listing that does not contain a floor plan (source: Rightmove.com).
Want to learn more? Here are more insightful real estate and floor plan facts that you would want to read.
How a Floor Plan app operates
2D floor plan apps have customized scanning methods that also use the camera of the mobile phone, meaning that no one has to spend hours to sketch and measure the dimensions back in time. The process of capturing takes a short time and does not exhaust the users.
With more than 90% of home buyers searching online for properties, floor plans and virtual tours rank highest as the ‘very useful’ features, according to a National Association of REALTORS® survey.
In conclusion, 3D virtual tours and floor plans are a great feature to add to your listing. They will save you time, help your buyers make decisions, and ultimately, allow you to sell a house faster!